KAREN G ANTHONY
- Antibodies targeting linear determinants of the envelope protein protect mice against West Nile virusMichel Ledizet
L2 Diagnostics, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale School of Medicine, 300 George Street, New Haven, CT 06525, USA
J Infect Dis 196:1741-8. 2007..These immunoglobulins recognized the E proteins of related flaviviruses, demonstrating that antibodies targeting specific E protein epitopes could be developed for prevention and treatment of multiple flavivirus infections...
- Effective siRNA targeting of the 3' untranslated region of the West Nile virus genomeKAREN G ANTHONY
L2 Diagnostics, LLC, New Haven, CT, United States
Antiviral Res 82:166-8. 2009..The siRNAs developed in this study could function as potential antiviral therapeutics and as genetic tools to investigate the role of 3' UTR in WNV pathogenesis...
- New classes of alanine racemase inhibitors identified by high-throughput screening show antimicrobial activity against Mycobacterium tuberculosisKAREN G ANTHONY
L2 Diagnostics, LLC, New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e20374. 2011..Therefore, inhibitors that are not substrate analogs and that act through different mechanisms of enzyme inhibition are necessary for therapeutic development for this drug target...
- Thiadiazolidinones: a new class of alanine racemase inhibitors with antimicrobial activity against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusMihai Ciustea
L2 Diagnostics, LLC, 300 George St, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 83:368-77. 2012..Lead development centering on the thiadiazolidinone series would require additional medicinal chemistry efforts to enhance the antibacterial activity and minimize mammalian cell toxicity...
- A novel allosteric inhibitor of macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF)Fengwei Bai
L2 Diagnostics, LLC, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
J Biol Chem 287:30653-63. 2012..The mode of p425 binding reveals a unique way to block the activity of the cytokine for potential therapeutic benefit in MIF-associated diseases...
- Small Molecule Alanine Racemase Inhibitors as Novel Therapeutics for TuberculosisKaren Anthony; Fiscal Year: 2006..About 50 million people are infected with TB bacteria that are not susceptible to available antibiotics. The goal of this research is to develop new antibiotics to treat drug-resistant TB. ..