- The reliability, validity and responsiveness of the Restless Legs Syndrome Quality of Life questionnaire (RLSQoL) in a trial population
Mapi Values, Adelphi Mill, Bollington, Macclesfield, SK10 5JB, UK
Health Qual Life Outcomes 3:79. 2005
..The aim of this study was to determine the reliability, validity and responsiveness of the Restless Legs Syndrome Quality of Life questionnaire (RLSQoL) in a clinical trial setting...
- MRI measurement of brain iron in patients with restless legs syndrome
R P Allen
Department of Neurology at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center and Hopkins Sleep Disorders Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Neurology 56:263-5. 2001
..The results show the potential utility of this MRI measurement, and also indicate that brain iron insufficiency may occur in patients with RLS in some brain regions...
- Effects of rest-duration, time-of-day and their interaction on periodic leg movements while awake in restless legs syndrome
Richard P Allen
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Asthma and Allergy Bldg 1B76b, 5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Sleep Med 6:429-34. 2005
..This study uses the SIT at different times of the day and analyzes time-of-day and duration-of-rest effects and their interaction on the PLMW...
- Restless legs syndrome prevalence and impact: REST general population study
Richard P Allen
Department of Neurology, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:1286-92. 2005
..Previous epidemiological studies, however, have failed to determine the prevalence of those with clinically significant RLS symptoms and to examine the life effects and medical experiences of this group...
- Ropinirole decreases periodic leg movements and improves sleep parameters in patients with restless legs syndrome
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University, Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Sleep 27:907-14. 2004
..Polysomnographic study evaluating the efficacy of ropinirole for the treatment of patients with restless legs syndrome (RLS) suffering from periodic leg movements in sleep (PLMS)...
- Dopamine and iron in the pathophysiology of restless legs syndrome (RLS)
Neurology and Sleep Medicine, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Asthma and Allergy Bldg 1B46b, 5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Sleep Med 5:385-91. 2004
..This article examines the pathophysiological implications of each of these clinical aspects of RLS...
- Factor analysis of the International Restless Legs Syndrome Study Group's scale for restless legs severity
Richard P Allen
Department of Neurology and Sleep Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Sleep Med 4:133-5. 2003
..This study uses a factor analytic approach to evaluate the IRLS for possibly useful subscales...
- Restless legs syndrome: diagnostic criteria, special considerations, and epidemiology. A report from the restless legs syndrome diagnosis and epidemiology workshop at the National Institutes of Health
Richard P Allen
Department of Neurology, Sleep Medicine, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Asthma and Allergy Building 1B46b, 5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Sleep Med 4:101-19. 2003
..Modification of the criteria is now necessary to better reflect that increased body of knowledge, as well as to clarify slight confusion with the wording of the original criteria...
- Relation of the International Restless Legs Syndrome Study Group rating scale with the Clinical Global Impression severity scale, the restless legs syndrome 6-item questionnaire, and the restless legs syndrome-quality of life questionnaire
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA Electronic address
Sleep Med 14:1375-80. 2013
..To provide clinical context for the IRLS and to guide the choice of assessment scales for RLS studies, our post hoc analysis of SP790 data evaluated associations between the IRLS and the CGI-1, IRLS and RLS-6, and the IRLS and RLS-QoL...
- Restless legs syndrome symptomatology, attitudes and beliefs among treated and untreated individuals
Christine M Ramsey
Department of Mental Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Sleep Med 13:1226-31. 2012
- Altered Brain iron homeostasis and dopaminergic function in Restless Legs Syndrome (Willis-Ekbom Disease)
Christopher J Earley
Department of Neurology, The Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD, USA Electronic address
Sleep Med 15:1288-301. 2014
- A randomized, double-blind, 6-week, dose-ranging study of pregabalin in patients with restless legs syndrome
Johns Hopkins Department of Neurology, 5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle, A and A Bldg 1B76b, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Sleep Med 11:512-9. 2010
..This study evaluated the dose-related efficacy and safety of pregabalin in patients with idiopathic restless legs syndrome (RLS)...
- Up-regulation of striatal adenosine A(2A) receptors with iron deficiency in rats: effects on locomotion and cortico-striatal neurotransmission
National Institute on Drug Abuse, IRP, NIH, DHHS, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Exp Neurol 224:292-8. 2010
..These results indicate that brain iron deficiency induces a functional up-regulation of both striatal pre- and postsynaptic A(2A) receptor, which could be involved in sensory-motor disorders associated with iron deficiency such as RLS...
- Evaluating the quality of life of patients with restless legs syndrome
Mapi Values Ltd, Bollington, Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Clin Ther 26:925-35. 2004
..Although the condition is not life-threatening, assessing the disease burden and the impact of RLS on quality of life (QOL) is critical for evaluating treatment benefits...
- Prevalence, utilization patterns, and predictors of antipsychotic polypharmacy: experience in a multistate Medicaid population, 1998-2003
Elaine H Morrato
Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research Program, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Clin Ther 29:183-95. 2007
- The official World Association of Sleep Medicine (WASM) standards for recording and scoring periodic leg movements in sleep (PLMS) and wakefulness (PLMW) developed in collaboration with a task force from the International Restless Legs Syndrome Study Grou
Sleep Disorders Center, San Raffaele Hospital, Milano, Italy
Sleep Med 7:175-83. 2006
- Correlation between rating scales and sleep laboratory measurements in restless legs syndrome
Department of Neurology, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Sleep Disorders Unit, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Avda Reyes Catolicos 2, Madrid 28040, Spain
Sleep Med 5:561-5. 2004
- Frequency of provider contact after FDA advisory on risk of pediatric suicidality with SSRIs
Elaine H Morrato
University of Colorado, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:42-50. 2008
..In this study, the authors compared trends in the frequency of provider contacts for patients with depression before and after the advisory was issued...
- Tireless work on restless legs: guest editors' introduction
Paracelsus Elena Hospital, Center of Parkinsonism and Movement Disorders, Klinikstr 16, 34128 Kassel, Germany
Mov Disord 22:S393-4. 2007
- Thy1 expression in the brain is affected by iron and is decreased in Restless Legs Syndrome
Department of Neural and Behavioral Science H109, Penn State College of Medicine, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Neurol Sci 220:59-66. 2004
- Spillover effects on treatment of adult depression in primary care after FDA advisory on risk of pediatric suicidality with SSRIs
Robert J Valuck
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:1198-205. 2007
..The authors examine the effects of this pediatric policy on treatment of adult depression in the community...