- Intraoperative frozen section assessment of sentinel lymph nodes in the operative management of women with symptomatic breast cancer
Department of General Surgery, Waterford Regional Hospital, Waterford, Ireland
World J Surg Oncol 6:69. 2008
..The aim of this study was to describe the test parameters of the frozen section evaluation of sentinel node biopsy for breast cancer compared to the gold standard of standard permanent pathological evaluation at our institution...
- Post-tonsillectomy bleeding: a regional hospital experience
R B Ali
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Waterford Regional Hospital, Dunmore Road, Waterford, Ireland
Ir J Med Sci 177:297-301. 2008
..Post-tonsillectomy bleeding (PTB) is still one of the most common complications of tonsillectomy. The rate of PTB varies with different methods...
- Tinnitus as an unusual presentation of Schneiderian papillomatosis
R B Ali
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Ir J Med Sci 180:597-9. 2011
..Primary Schneiderian papillomatosis of the middle ear and mastoid cavity is extremely rare. It is frequently associated with intermittent unilateral otorrhoea and mass in the middle ear and mastoid cavity...
- Ectopic pituitary adenoma presenting as midline nasopharyngeal mass
Department of Otolaryngology, Waterford Regional Hospital, Dunmore Road, Waterford, Ireland
Ir J Med Sci 179:593-5. 2010
..Ectopic pituitary adenomas are extremely rare. We report a case of ectopic pituitary adenoma in the midline of the nasopharynx. This adenoma probably arose from the pharyngeal remnant of Rathke's pouch...
- Thermotolerance-induced goblet cell activity confers protection in post-operative gut barrier dysfunction
Beaumont Hospital, Beaumont, Dublin 13, Ireland
Int J Surg 7:237-42. 2009
..We hypothesized that the protective effect of thermotolerance may be due in part to changes in the bowel wall itself, and we investigated this hypothesis in an experimental rat model...
- Renal outcomes with different fixed-dose combination therapies in patients with hypertension at high risk for cardiovascular events (ACCOMPLISH): a prespecified secondary analysis of a randomised controlled trial
George L Bakris
Hypertensive Diseases Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Lancet 375:1173-81. 2010
..We assessed the effects of these drug combinations on progression of chronic kidney disease...