- NGF-induced cell differentiation and gene activation is mediated by integrative nuclear FGFR1 signaling (INFS)
Yu Wei Lee
Department of Pathology and Anatomical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e68931. 2013
..Cooperation of nuclear FGFR1 with Nur77/Nurr1 in NGF signaling expands the integrative functions of INFS to include NGF, the first discovered pluripotent neurotrophic factor. ..
- Protein arginine methylation in health and disease
John M Aletta
CH3 BioSystems, LLC, Amherst, New York 14228, USA
Biotechnol Annu Rev 14:203-24. 2008
- Global proteomic analysis in trypanosomes reveals unique proteins and conserved cellular processes impacted by arginine methylation
Department of Microbiology Immunology, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, USA
J Proteomics 91:210-25. 2013
..Collectively, these data inform on a multitude of aspects of trypanosome biology and serve as a guide for the identification of homologous arginine methylated proteins in higher eukaryotes...
- NGF promotes copper accumulation required for optimum neurite outgrowth and protein methylation
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Center for Neuroscience, University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York, 3435 Main Street, Buffalo, New York 14214 3000, USA
J Neurobiol 63:49-61. 2005
..These data comprise the first biochemical and cellular evidence to address the mechanism of copper involvement in neuronal differentiation...
- Proteomic analysis reveals diverse classes of arginine methylproteins in mitochondria of trypanosomes
John C Fisk
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 14124, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 12:302-11. 2013
..Moreover, these studies establish T. brucei as a model organism for the study of posttranslational modifications...
- Targeting novel integrative nuclear FGFR1 signaling by nanoparticle-mediated gene transfer stimulates neurogenesis in the adult brain
Ewa K Stachowiak
Molecular and Structural Neurobiology and Gene Therapy Program, Department of Pathology and Anatomical Sciences, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Integr Biol (Camb) 1:394-403. 2009
..Thus, nanoparticle-mediated non-viral gene transfer may be used to induce selective differentiation of NS/PCs, providing a potentially significant impact on the treatment of a broad range of neurological disorders...
- A novel nuclear FGF Receptor-1 partnership with retinoid and Nur receptors during developmental gene programming of embryonic stem cells
Yu Wei Lee
Molecular and Structural Neurobiology and Gene Therapy Program, Department of Pathology and Anatomical Sciences, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
J Cell Biochem 113:2920-36. 2012
..Cooperation of FGFR1 with RXR/RAR and Nurs at targeted genomic sequences offers a new mechanism in developmental gene regulation...
- Accurate localization and relative quantification of arginine methylation using nanoflow liquid chromatography coupled to electron transfer dissociation and orbitrap mass spectrometry
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Amherst, New York, USA
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 20:507-19. 2009
..This approach and the results may advance understanding of the actions of PRMTs and the functional significance of Arg methylation patterns...
- Nerve growth factor-mediated increases in protein methylation occur predominantly at type I arginine methylation sites and involve protein arginine methyltransferase 1
Thomas R Cimato
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York, 3435 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14214 3000, USA
J Neurosci Res 67:435-42. 2002
..Finally, immunoprecipitation of PRMT1 from PC12 cells provides the first demonstration of an NGF-activated methyltransferase and implicates PRMT1 in NGF signal transduction...
- Role of nerve growth factor in the regulation of parotid cell differentiation induced by rat serum
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, 102 Farber Hall, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 65:1507-13. 2003
..We conclude that parotid cell differentiation arises from an activation of cell surface receptors by humoral factors in combination with NGF and cAMP-generating neuropeptides...
- Generation of polyclonal antiserum for the detection of methylarginine proteins
Center for Neuroscience, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences 102 Farber Hall 3435 Main Street Buffalo, New York 14214 3000, USA
J Immunol Methods 320:132-42. 2007
- Methylation regulates the intracellular protein-protein and protein-RNA interactions of FMRP
Biochemical Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Department of Molecular Biology, New York State Institute for Basic Research in Developmental Disabilities, 1050 Forest Hill Road, Staten Island, NY 10314, USA
J Cell Sci 119:1933-46. 2006
..These data suggest a vital role for methylation in normal FMRP functioning...