- Angiostatin anti-angiogenesis requires IL-12: the innate immune system as a key target
Polo Scientifico e Tecnologico, IRCCS Multimedica, Milan, Italy
J Transl Med 7:5. 2009
..Here we present evidence that IL-12, a principal TH1 cytokine with potent anti-angiogenic activity, is the mediator of angiostatin's activity...
- Angioprevention with fenretinide: targeting angiogenesis in prevention and therapeutic strategies
IRCCS Multimedica, Milan, Italy
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 75:2-14. 2010
- Mechanisms of Hyperforin as an anti-angiogenic angioprevention agent
IRCCS Multimedica, Responsabile Ricerca Oncologica, via Fantoli 16 15, 20138 Milan, Italy
Eur J Cancer 45:1474-84. 2009
- Cardio-oncology in targeting the HER receptor family: the puzzle of different cardiotoxicities of HER2 inhibitors
Oncology Research Division, Polo Scientifico e Tecnologico IRCCS MultiMedica, Via Fantoli 16 15 20138, Milan, Italy
Future Cardiol 7:693-704. 2011
- Functional genomics of endothelial cells treated with anti-angiogenic or angiopreventive drugs
MultiMedica Castellanza VA and Oncology Research, IRCCS Multimedica, 20138 Milan, Italy
Clin Exp Metastasis 27:419-39. 2010
- The synthetic oleanane triterpenoid, CDDO-methyl ester, is a potent antiangiogenic agent
Multimedica IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Mol Cancer Ther 6:3139-46. 2007
- Anti-angiogenic properties of chemopreventive drugs: fenretinide as a prototype
IRCCS Multimedica, Oncology Research, Milan, Italy
Recent Results Cancer Res 181:71-6. 2009
- Interactions of single-wall carbon nanotubes with endothelial cells
Polo Scientifico e Tecnologico, IRCCS Multimedica, Milano, Italy
Nanomedicine 6:277-88. 2010
..The implications on their biological activity must be taken into account when considering the use of these nanoparticles for therapeutic delivery of drugs...
- Surface-activated chemical ionization-electrospray ionization source improves biomarker discovery with mass spectrometry
Science and Technology Pole, IRCCS Multimedica, Milan, Italy
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 26:1213-8. 2012
..Therefore, more efficient ion-source technologies are needed to improve MS applications in biomarker discovery...
- Cardiotoxicity of anticancer drugs: the need for cardio-oncology and cardio-oncological prevention
Oncology Research Division, MultiMedica Castellanza VA, Milan, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 102:14-25. 2010
..We also discuss mechanistic pathways and describe several potential protective agents that could be administered to patients with occult or overt risk for cardiovascular complications...
- Molecular pathways for cancer angioprevention
IRCCS Multimedica, Milan, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 13:4320-5. 2007
..We highlight diverse mechanisms of action, implying that combination angioprevention approaches could further improve efficacy and be transferred to clinical practice...
- Metastasis signatures: genes regulating tumor-microenvironment interactions predict metastatic behavior
IRCCS Multimedica, Scientific and Technological Pole, via Fantoli 16 15, 20138, Milan, Italy
Cancer Metastasis Rev 27:75-83. 2008
..Here we review these concepts and advance hypotheses on how gene expression of the primary tumor and the microenvironment can favor the spread of the metastasis seeds and how this knowledge can provide tools to secondary prevention...
- The 'chemoinvasion' assay, 25 years and still going strong: the use of reconstituted basement membranes to study cell invasion and angiogenesis
Polo Scientifico e Tecnologico, Casa di Cura MultiMedica IRCCS, Milan and Castellanza VA, Italy
Curr Opin Cell Biol 22:677-89. 2010
..We review established applications and variants of the matrigel invasion assay, highlight key findings derived from it and discuss future developments, including roles for accessory and cancer stem cells...
- The tumor microenvironment of colorectal cancer: stromal TLR-4 expression as a potential prognostic marker
Oncology Research Laboratory, Science and Technology Park, IRCCS Multimedica, via Fantoli 16 15, Milan, 20138, Italy
J Transl Med 8:112. 2010
- Tumor microenvironment, a dangerous society leading to cancer metastasis. From mechanisms to therapy and prevention
IRCCS Multimedica Milano, Milan, Italy
Cancer Metastasis Rev 27:3-4. 2008
- Diacylglycerol kinases are essential for hepatocyte growth factor-dependent proliferation and motility of Kaposi's sarcoma cells
Department of Experimental and Clinical Medicine, Universita del Piemonte Orientale Amedeo Avogadro, Novara IRCCS Multimedica, Milan, Italy
Cancer Sci 102:1329-36. 2011