- Cementless surface replacement arthroplasty of the shoulder for osteoarthritis: results of fifty Mark III Copeland prosthesis from an independent center with four-year mean follow-up
Luton and Dunstable Hospital, Luton, UK
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 21:1776-81. 2012
..Few studies have reported the outcome of cementless surface replacement (CSRA). We initiated this study to analyze results of the Mark III Copeland prosthesis used as a hemiarthroplasty in patients with glenohumeral osteoarthritis...
- Smartphones in orthopaedics
Lister General Hospital, Lister, Stevenage, UK
Int Orthop 36:1543-7. 2012
..Smartphones are enjoying increased uptake and application in the workplace and we review their use for orthopaedic surgeons and trainees to allow them to make the most out of their training opportunities...
- The effect of smoking on fracture healing and on various orthopaedic procedures
Lister General Hospital, Stevenage and Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, UK
Acta Orthop Belg 78:285-90. 2012
..The authors recommend that patients should attempt smoking cessation therapy before elective orthopaedic treatment...
- Causes of a painful total knee arthroplasty. Are patients still receiving total knee arthroplasty for extrinsic pathologies?
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics, Lister General Hospital, Stevenage, UK
Int Orthop 36:1185-9. 2012
..Revision rates have therefore been rising, particularly so for unexplained pain. We reviewed the causes of painful total knee replacements including extrinsic causes...
- How to read a postoperative knee replacement radiograph
Trauma and Orthopaedics, Luton and Dunstable Hospital, Lewsey Road, Luton LU4 0DZ, UK
Skeletal Radiol 41:493-501. 2012
..An outline of prostheses and their indications alongside a comprehensive review of the assessment of important angles, alignment, and correct positioning of femoral and tibial components is presented...
- Appendicitis in an incisional hernia after radical nephrectomy: a case report
Department of Urology, Chase Farm Hospital, Enfield, Middlesex, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 92:W23-4. 2010
..Appendicitis may present within hernias, and there should be a low threshold for computed tomography assessment of hernias when there is clinical doubt about the symptoms associated with the hernia...
- Review article: Plica syndrome of the knee
Chase Farm Hospital, The Ridgeway, Enfield, Middlesex, United Kingdom
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 19:354-8. 2011
..Diagnosis is made by exclusion. Ultrasonography is useful; arthroscopy is the gold standard. Arthroscopic removal of the plica may be necessary when conservative treatment for up to 6 months fails...