- Investigation of biochemical and histopathological effects of Mentha piperita L. and Mentha spicata L. on kidney tissue in rats
Suleyman Demirel University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry, Isparta, Turkey
Hum Exp Toxicol 22:213-9. 2003
..In conclusion, the results indicate that M. piperita does not show nephrotoxicity but M. spicata presents markedly nephrotoxic changes in rats...
- Investigation of biochemical and histopathological effects of Mentha piperita Labiatae and Mentha spicata Labiatae on liver tissue in rats
Department of Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Hum Exp Toxicol 23:21-8. 2004
..It was concluded that lipid peroxidation and hepatic damage occurs after M. piperita and M. spicata administration in rat liver and the damage seems to be dose dependent...
- Effect of Mentha piperita (Labiatae) and Mentha spicata (Labiatae) on iron absorption in rats
Department of Biochemistry, Suleyman Demirel University, Faculty of Medicine, Isparta, Turkey
Toxicol Ind Health 20:119-22. 2004
..These teas grow in different areas of the city of Isparta, Turkey. These herbals were given to the rats in tea...
- Effects of peppermint teas on plasma testosterone, follicle-stimulating hormone, and luteinizing hormone levels and testicular tissue in rats
Department of Biochemistry, Suleyman Demirel University Medical School, Isparta, Turkey
Urology 64:394-8. 2004
..We performed this study because of major complaints in our area from men about the adverse effects of these herbs on male reproductive function...
- Effect of spearmint (Mentha spicata Labiatae) teas on androgen levels in women with hirsutism
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Phytother Res 21:444-7. 2007
..Spearmint can be an alternative to antiandrogenic treatment for mild hirsutism. Further studies are needed to test the reliability of these results and the availability of spearmint as a drug for hirsutism...
- The effect of Mentha spicata Labiatae on uterine tissue in rats
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Toxicol Ind Health 22:343-8. 2006
..spicata administration in rat uterus. Despite the beneficial effects of M. spicata Labiatae in indigestion, we should also be aware of the toxic effects when it is not used in the recommended fashion, at the recommended dose...
- Effects of chronic ingestion of sodium fluoride on myocardium in a second generation of rats
Suleyman Demirel University, Medical School, Dept of Pharmacology, Isparta, Turkey
Hum Exp Toxicol 24:79-87. 2005
..The present results revealed that prolonged ingestion of fluoride through drinking water, particularly with high doses, induced significant histopathological and biochemical changes leading to myocardial tissue damage...
- Studies on antioxidant enzymes in mice exposed to pulsed electromagnetic fields
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Erciyes, Kayseri, Turkey
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 66:287-9. 2007
..The results revealed that the PEMF applied chronically within the given period and field magnitude does not cause oxidative damage...
- Protective role of melatonin and a combination of vitamin C and vitamin E on lung toxicity induced by chlorpyrifos-ethyl in rats
Suleyman Demirel University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Histology, Isparta, Turkey
Exp Toxicol Pathol 54:97-108. 2002
- Histopathological and biochemical changes in lung tissues of rats following administration of fluoride over several generations
Suleyman Demirel University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Isparta, Turkey
J Appl Toxicol 23:437-46. 2003
..In addition, increased fluoride concentration did not affect reproduction or the number of pups dying but the body weight and lung weight ratios were affected by the high dose of fluoride in a dose-related pattern...
- Osteosclerosis due to endemic fluorosis
Mehmet Numan Tamer
Suleyman Demirel University Medical School, Endocrinology and Metabolism Department, Isparta, Turkey
Sci Total Environ 373:43-8. 2007
..6+/-4.4). In conclusion we believe that approximately one third of the osteosclerosis in our region was due to endemic skeletal fluorosis and obesity may enhance this osteosclerotic type bone changes in endemic fluorosis...
- Effects of 900 MHz electromagnetic field on TSH and thyroid hormones in rats
Department of Physiology, Suleyman Demirel University, School of Medicine, 32260 Isparta, Turkey
Toxicol Lett 157:257-62. 2005
..05). These results indicate that 900 MHz EMF emitted by cellular telephones decrease serum TSH and T3-T4 levels...