- Fatal dysrhythmia following potassium replacement for hypokalemic periodic paralysis
University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis MN
West J Emerg Med 11:57-9. 2010
..Immediate therapy with potassium chloride supplementation may foster a rapid recovery of muscle strength and prevent cardiac arrhythmias secondary to hypokalemia, but with a risk of rebound hyperkalemia...
- Predictors of inotrope use in patients undergoing concomitant coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) and aortic valve replacement (AVR) surgeries at separation from cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB)
Department of Hospital Medicine, Regions Hospital, University of Minnesota Medical School, St Paul, Minnesota, USA
J Cardiothorac Surg 4:24. 2009
- Cryptococcal meningitis presenting with recurrent syncope in a patient with chronic lymphoid leukemia: a case report
Department of Hospital Medicine, Regions Hospital, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Mail Stop 11107E, St, Paul, MN 55101, USA
Cases J 2:103. 2009
..This case discusses the atypical presentations of cryptococcal meningitis in HIV-negative patients and its importance of early diagnosis...
- How reliable is an effective orifice area indexed chart?
Chad M House
Section of Cardiology, Regions Hospital, St Paul, MN, USA
J Heart Valve Dis 18:530-4. 2009
..The study aim was to assess the predictive abilities of an effective orifice area indexed (EOAI) chart--the Perimount Magna EOAI chart--in the prevention of PPM...
- Mitral valve area by the pressure half-time method does not correlate with mean gradient in mitral valve repair patients
Chad M House
Section of Cardiology, Regions Hospital, 640 Jackson Street, Mail Stop 11102M, St Paul, MN 55101, USA
Eur J Echocardiogr 12:124-30. 2011
..Pressure half-time is an inaccurate measure of mitral valve area in many clinical situations. The utility of the pressure half-time method to calculate mitral valve area after mitral valve repair is not well defined...
- Predictors of appropriate therapy in patients with implantable cardioverter-defibrillator for primary prevention of sudden cardiac death
Department of Hospital Medicine, Regions Hospital, St Paul
Heart Int 5:e4. 2010
- Safety of arthrocentesis and joint injection in patients receiving anticoagulation at therapeutic levels
Department of Internal Medicine, Regions Hospital, St Paul, MN, USA
Am J Med 125:265-9. 2012
..This study was undertaken to determine the safety of arthrocentesis and joint injection performed by physicians from different disciplines in patients who are anticoagulated...
- Chronic kidney disease is an independent predictor of pocket hematoma after pacemaker and defibrillator implantation
Department of Medicine, Regions Hospital, 640 Jackson Street, St Paul, MN 55101, USA
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 29:203-7. 2010
..The aim of this investigation was to determine additional predisposing factors of pocket hematoma formation in patients undergoing anti-arrhythmic device surgery...