- Lies to a patient
Kings County Hospital Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Ann Intern Med 148:707. 2008
- Reducing medication errors and improving systems reliability using an electronic medication reconciliation system
Central Brooklyn Family Health Network, New York, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 35:106-14. 2009
..However, there is scant literature on the evaluation of electronic MedRecon systems in reducing medication errors and on improving reliability of the MedRecon process...
- Counting matters: lessons from the root cause analysis of a retained surgical item
Kings County Hospital Center, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 38:566-74. 2012
..A 27-year-old woman was discovered to have a retained vaginal sponge a week after she underwent the repair of a vaginal tear following normal vaginal delivery. The retained sponge was removed with no further complications...
- Medication errors: prevention using information technology systems
Department of Clinical Medicine and Medical Informatics, State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Br J Clin Pharmacol 67:681-6. 2009
..4. This paper provides a review of the current state of IT systems in preventing medication errors...
- Barcode medication. Administration implementation in an acute care hospital and lessons learned
Central Brooklyn Family Health Network, Brooklyn, NY, USA
J Healthc Inf Manag 23:24-9. 2009
..We will describe the BCMA system and project methodology, discuss important considerations related to pharmacy, technology, admitting, nursing adoption and service area considerations, and share lessons learned...
- Evaluation of an electronic medication reconciliation system in inpatient setting in an acute care hospital
Kings County Hospital, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 129:1027-31. 2007
..Medication reconciliation (MedRecon) is being implemented in many healthcare facilities as a means to reduce medication errors. However, there is scant literature on the evaluation of electronic MedRecon systems...
- A systematic critique of diabetes on the world wide web for patients and their physicians
Susanna E Bedell
Institutional Affiliation, The Lown Cardiovascular Research Foundation Center, 21 Longwood Avenue Brookline, MA, USA
Int J Med Inform 73:687-94. 2004
..This paper critiques the publicly available web sites for diabetes, and it establishes criteria for excellence in these sites...