- Penalized likelihood phenotyping: unifying voxelwise analyses and multi-voxel pattern analyses in neuroimaging: penalized likelihood phenotyping
University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Neuroinformatics 11:227-47. 2013
..We illustrate the empirical performance of the proposed framework using two different neuroimaging studies that pose different levels of challenge for classification using MVPA...
- A diffusion tensor brain template for rhesus macaques
Waisman Laboratory for Brain Imaging and Behavior, Department of Psychiatry, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Neuroimage 59:306-18. 2012
..Such analyses are crucial in investigating the role of white matter structure in brain function, development, and other psychopathological disorders for which there are well-validated non-human primate models...
- Longitudinal processing speed impairments in males with autism and the effects of white matter microstructure
Brittany G Travers
Waisman Laboratory for Brain Imaging and Behavior, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1500 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53705, USA Electronic address
Neuropsychologia 53:137-45. 2014
..Taken together, the present findings suggest that robust decreases in processing speed may be present in ASD, more pronounced in adulthood, and partially attributable to white matter microstructural integrity. ..
- Diffusion tensor imaging in autism spectrum disorder: a review
Brittany G Travers
Waisman Laboratory for Brain Imaging and Behavior, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Autism Res 5:289-313. 2012
..Clinical implications and future research directions are discussed...
- Persistent homological sparse network approach to detecting white matter abnormality in maltreated children: MRI and DTI multimodal study
Moo K Chung
University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 16:300-7. 2013
..The proposed methods are applied to characterize abnormal white matter in maltreated children. The results are further validated using fractional anisotropy (FA) values in diffusion tensor imaging (DTI)...
- Multi-resolutional brain network filtering and analysis via wavelets on non-Euclidean space
Won Hwa Kim
University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 16:643-51. 2013
- An experimental evaluation of diffusion tensor image segmentation using graph-cuts
Waisman Laboratory for Brain Imaging and Behavior, University of Wisconsin Madison, WI, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2009:5653-6. 2009
..Overall, the graph cuts method performed well, giving an average segmentation accuracy of about 0.90, 0.77 and 0.88 for WM, GM and CSF respectively in terms of volume overlap(VO)...
- Characterization of cerebral white matter properties using quantitative magnetic resonance imaging stains
Andrew L Alexander
Department of Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Brain Connect 1:423-46. 2011
..This article provides an overview of the qMRI stain mechanisms, acquisition and analysis strategies, and applications for these qMRI stains...
- Efficient parametric encoding scheme for white matter fiber bundles
Moo K Chung
Waisman Laboratory for Brain Imaging and Behavior at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2009:6644-7. 2009
..As an illustration, we apply the proposed method in characterizing abnormal tracts that pass through the splenium of the corpus callosum in autistic subjects...
- Atypical diffusion tensor hemispheric asymmetry in autism
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Autism Res 3:350-8. 2010