- Role of socio-psychological factors in perceived quality of care rendered by traditional medical practitioners in Ibadan, Nigeria
Department of Psychology, University of Ibadan
Glob J Health Sci 5:186-96. 2013
..It was the aim of the current research to investigate perceived service quality rendered by traditional medical practitioners and the role of socio-psychological factors in the perception...
- Approaches in handling ethical challenges of cancer treatment and research in Nigeria
A O Adejumo
Department of Psychology, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Afr J Med Med Sci 38:15-20. 2009
..The role of clinical ethics and health research ethics committees as well as the justification for virtue ethics above principlism in handling ethical issues in cancer management and research in Nigeria were highlighted...
- Psychosocial support, nursing challenges and collaborative research in cancer
P O Adejumo
Department of Nursing, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Afr J Med Med Sci 38:75-9. 2009
..This however is not without its own challenges. In addition, the paper synthesizes and explores possible areas of research collaboration in cancer care...
- Nurses' use of water-filled gloves in preventing heel pressure ulcer in the University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria
Prisca Olabisi Adejumo
Department of Nursing, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria
Int Wound J 7:472-9. 2010
..Although knowledge level and perception of WFGs and its use by nurses was fairly adequate, continuous education for practicing nurses should be encouraged in resource-limited settings...
- Theatre personnel's perception of operating room resource allocation
A O Adejumo
Department of Psychology, the Centre for West African Bioethics, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria
Afr J Med Med Sci 38:163-71. 2009
..If operating theatre stake holders are excluded in the planning, allocation and evaluation of OR resources, the efficiency required in surgical services would never be realized irrespective of the dexterity of the surgical team...
- Constraints in nurses' use of HIV protective barriers in the care of PLWHA in the University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria
O O Olatunji
Department of Nursing, University of Ibadan, Nigeria
World Hosp Health Serv 45:27-30. 2009
..22, 1df, P < 0.05). It was concluded that nurses in the selected setting were faced with constraints in the use of PB and as such were inadequately protected from blood-borne diseases especially when caring for PLWHA...
- Clinical ethics in African countries and emerging nurse's role in Nigeria
A O Adejumo
Department of Psychology, University of Ibadan Ibadan, Nigeria
Afr J Med Med Sci 38:311-8. 2009
..The concept and critical relevance of clinical ethics in giving adequate information to patients, relatives and other health workers upon which ethically sound informed decision making is done in clinical situations were highlighted...