- The neurochemical hypothesis of 'theory of mind'A Abu-Akel
PLD Research Center, Arara, Israel
Med Hypotheses 60:382-6. 2003..It is suggested that specific abnormalities to this system can account for differences in the profile of 'theory of mind' impairments that may exist among patients belonging to different pathologies...
- Childhood schizophrenia: responsiveness to questions during conversationA Abu-Akel
University of California at Los Angeles, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 39:779-86. 2000..It also ascertained the relationship of these speech functions with cognition and thought disorder...
- A neurobiological mapping of theory of mindAhmad Abu-Akel
Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 43:29-40. 2003....
- 'Theory of mind' in violent and nonviolent patients with paranoid schizophreniaAhmad Abu-Akel
Schizophr Res 69:45-53. 2004..These results are discussed in light of recent theories on violent behavior in psychiatric populations...
- Describing the acquisition of determiners in English: a growth modeling approachAhmad Abu-Akel
Department of Education, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
J Psycholinguist Res 33:407-24. 2004..These findings provide a useful framework for theorizing about possible mechanisms underlying the nature of early language development pre- and post-36 months of age...
- Neuroanatomical and neurochemical bases of theory of mindAhmad Abu-Akel
Independent, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Neuropsychologia 49:2971-84. 2011..In addition to discussing the mechanisms involved in mentalizing in terms of its component processes, we discuss the model's implications to pathologies that variably impact one's ability to represent, attribute and apply mental states...
- Association of psychopathic traits and symptomatology with violence in patients with schizophreniaKhalid Abushua'leh
Psychiatry Res 143:205-11. 2006..These findings suggest that improvement in illness condition may not reduce the likelihood for violence in male patients with a high psychopathic profile...