- Secondary Hip Osteoarthritis due to Neurofibroma Treated with Total Hip Replacement
Division of Arthroplasty, Orthopedic Department, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Suite 476A, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 1X5
Case Rep Orthop 2012:173921. 2012
- Salvaged failed roof rings and antiprotrusion cages: surgical options and implant survival
Division of Arthroplasty, Orthopaedic Department Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hip Int 23:166-72. 2013
..The purpose of this study was to propose surgical options for salvage of failed ARRs and to compare the failure rate of each surgical option.
- A long-term survivorship comparison between cemented and uncemented cups with shelf grafts in revision total hip arthroplasty after dysplasia
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Arthroplasty 28:303-8. 2013
..Log rank analysis showed this difference to be significant (P = .0077). Uncemented acetabular cups performed significantly better than cemented cups...
- Is arthroplasty immediately after an infected case a risk factor for infection?
Division of Orthopedic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Orthop Relat Res 471:2253-8. 2013
..It is common practice in many centers to avoid performing a clean case in a room in which an infected procedure has just taken place. No studies of which we are aware speak to the necessity of this precaution...
- Effect of patellar thickness on knee flexion in total knee arthroplasty: a biomechanical and experimental study
Clinical Fellow of Arthroplasty in the Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Arthroplasty 29:80-4. 2014
..In order to avoid adverse biomechanical and functional consequences, it is recommended to restore patellar thickness to that of the native knee during total knee arthroplasty...
- Nineteen year results of THA using modular 9 mm S-ROM femoral component in patients with small femoral canals
Holland Orthopaedic and Arthritic Centre, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Arthroplasty 28:1667-70. 2013
..After a mean follow-up of 19 years, the use of the S-ROM 9 mm femoral stem in the patient with the small femur was associated with a low revision rate due to aseptic loosening of the stem...
- Displacement of the hip center of rotation after arthroplasty of Crowe III and IV dysplasia: a radiological and biomechanical study
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Shafa Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Arthroplasty 28:1031-5. 2013
..In Crowe type III and IV hips, the HCOR migrates inferiorly and medially after THA, resulting in a decrease in JRF, AMF, and abductor muscle contraction force...