- Aberrant reward processing in Parkinson's disease is associated with dopamine cell loss
Radboud University Nijmegen, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behavior, Kapittelweg 29, 6525 EN Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Neuroimage 59:3339-46. 2012
..The present results concur with observations that low baseline dopamine states predispose to drug and other addictions...
- The dopamine transporter haplotype and reward-related striatal responses in adult ADHD
Department of Psychiatry, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 23:469-78. 2013
..Although the importance of the DAT1 haplotype as a risk factor for adult ADHD was again demonstrated in this study, the mechanism by which this gene increases disease risk remains largely unknown...
- Nitric oxide synthase genotype modulation of impulsivity and ventral striatal activity in adult ADHD patients and healthy comparison subjects
Department of Psychiatry, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, The Netherlands
Am J Psychiatry 168:1099-106. 2011
..In the present study, the authors investigated the effect of a functional variable number of tandem repeats (VNTR) polymorphism in NOS1 (NOS1 exon 1f-VNTR) on the processing of rewards, one of the cognitive deficits in ADHD...
- Striatal dopamine mediates the interface between motivational and cognitive control in humans: evidence from genetic imaging
Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Radboud University Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Neuropsychopharmacology 35:1943-51. 2010
..These data establish a crucial role for human striatal dopamine in the modulation of cognitive flexibility by reward anticipation, thus, elucidating the neurochemical mechanism of the interaction between motivation and cognitive control...
- Attentional control in anterior cingulate cortex based on probabilistic cueing
Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Cogn Neurosci 23:716-27. 2011
..These results demonstrate differential attentional control activity in ACC after probabilistic cueing, providing evidence for control adjustments driven by changes in expectation...
- Dopaminergic modulation of cognitive control: distinct roles for the prefrontal cortex and the basal ganglia
Martine van Schouwenburg
Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging, University Nijmegen, Kapittelweg 29, 6500 HB, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Curr Pharm Des 16:2026-32. 2010
- Human cognitive flexibility depends on dopamine D2 receptor signaling
Mieke van Holstein
Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour RU DI BCB, Radboud University Nijmegen, Kapittelweg 29, 6521 EN Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 218:567-78. 2011
..In particular, recent work with animals as well as current theorizing has suggested that cognitive flexibility depends on dopamine D2 receptor signaling. However, there is no evidence for similar mechanisms in humans...
- Increased dependence of action selection on recent motor history in Parkinson's disease
Rick C Helmich
Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging, Radboud University Nijmegen, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Neurosci 29:6105-13. 2009
..The enhanced MFC activity may result either from reduced focusing abilities of the basal ganglia or from compensatory processes...